7.01.2005

The only thing you have to fear is The Fear itself

Earlier tonight I was waiting at an intersection on the main street in our delivery area, about 1 mile West of the store, coming back from a delivery and a cop went whizzing by. Kinda interesting, but nothing all thats too out of the ordinary.

My next delivery took me to 1 of our nicer hotels, about 2.5 miles East of the store, down the same street. As Im driving along, I notice about 4 cop cars and a fire truck, all with their lights on, crowded around something like they always do. I couldnt see any cars so I was a little confused. 1 of the cop cars was likely the 1 from my last delivery but the light has turned green now and I must press on.

On the drive back from the hotel (only about 8 minutes later), the emergency response team was no longer there. There werent any signs of a car accident either. The only thing that was abnormal about the situation is that everything was normal. It appeared that nothing had happened there at all.

I got back to the store 5 min before we close. Damn it, 1 more run. Shit, its to the shitty hotel a mile East of the store, right near where the cops were. 12 midnight and I get back into the Green Fever for 1 last run.

I pull up to the hotel and there are 2 cop cars in the parking lot. Interesting. Perhaps they just stopped here to fill out their paperwork. I go through the lobby and as I approach the door to the stairs a woman tells me that I cant go up this staircase because theres broken glass at the top of it. In this hotel, as you exit the lobby you come to a hallway that goes to the right. There is also a door leading to stairs straight ahead and a large window to the left looking out at the outdoor pool. Slightly interested in the situation I thought about pressing her further but being more interested in going home I delivered my pizza.

After an unpleasant experience with a 40 year old biker chick who should not have pulled her money out of her bra and who definitely should not have been wearing a leather vest or belly revealing tank top, I had a decision to make. Do I go down the stairs I came up and go out into the parking lot straight to my car? Or do I walk down the hall upstairs here and see whats around the corner? (Which is at the top of the stairs where theres broken glass.) Naturally I looked around the corner. What I see is 2 police officers looking down out of the window. Im at least 20 hotel rooms from the boys in blue so I have no idea what their looking at.

Slightly disappointed I go down stairs. As Im walking down the hall I notice the woman who told me I couldnt go up the stairs is still there looking out the window. It should be noted that this is the window thats directly below the window that the cops were looking out of. As I get closer she turns and looks at me and I ask her what all the commotion is about. Apparently, one of the hotels boarders decided that it would be fun to jump through the second story window, get up and then run down the street… NAKED. To top it off when the police arrested him he was confused as to what he had done wrong. The real kicker is that after she told me this, she turned around, looked out the window and said, “I just hope they hurry up so I can clean up that glass.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home